Dr. Jim Wilkens, DC, CCSP
• Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
• Nutritional Health Care
This is My Story
For over three decades I have focused my practice on utilizing natural chiropractic and/or clinical nutrition methods which work with the body in order to get to the root cause of your pain and health issues. We regularly witness back & neck pain, headaches, knee pain, fatigue, digestive disorders, hormonal imbalances and a host of other conditions improve as function is restored and barriers to healing are removed.
About Dr. Wilkens
Chiropractic has been part of my life from the start. My grandfather was himself a chiropractor, and having witnessed and experienced the effectiveness of chiropractic both as a corrective and a preventative measure, I chose it as my own vocation when the time came. I earned my degree as Doctor of Chiropractic in Illinois, during which time I also married my wife who I had met while in undergraduate school in Santa Barbara, CA. We decided to settle and open my practice in Bend because of our mutual love for mountains, sunny days, pure air and outdoor sports, and 30 years later we have never regretted our decision! We raised our four children here and, weather permitting, we still take weekly hikes in the mountains. I believe some of the best pleasures in life are simple ones, but poor health or pain can seriously limit your ability even to enjoy things as basic as a good night’s sleep or a walk on a beautiful day. It has been my pleasure and passion to help many people attain more optimal health for their bodies, and it would be an honor to do the same for you.
What makes Dr. Wilkens different?
- Holds advanced certification as a Chiropractic Sports Physician
- Prioritizes taking the time to listen to your health concerns and to foster a trusting doctor / patient relationship, instead of rushing through patients for the sake of administrative efficiency.
- Master-certified in nutritional therapies that both compliment chiropractic and can be a therapy on its own.
- Wilkens’ unique mastery of multiple chiropractic techniques and nutritional therapies brings you faster relief and keeps your costs down by enabling him to treat you in the way that is maximally effective for your particular body.
- One of only 13 chiropractors selected from the United States to formulate the National Clinical Competency Licensing Exam for 2001
- Served as a member of the Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners for seven years, including nearly two years as President of the Board
- Has practiced in Bend for over 30 years and draws patients from all over Oregon
There are natural solutions available for most pain or recurring symptoms. The best way to find out what solution is best for you is to contact my office and arrange a time for us to sit down and talk about it. Tell me your story. If I cannot help you I will say so, but if I can I will let you know how we can move forward helping you regain your health and vitality.
The first step is making the call. Do it today.
I look forward to meeting you,
Dr. Jim Wilkens, D.C., C.C.S.P.
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician